Thursday, November 10, 2016

Ouidad's Brand History


Ouidad is dedicated to empowering individuals with curly hair to understand, enhance and love their hair.

"Decades ago, when I decided to open a salon and develop products specifically for curly and wavy hair, everyone from beauty editors to bankers told me I was crazy. I didn't listen for a second. I knew that like me, so many other curly-haired people in the world needed someone to help them understand their curls and teach them how to care for and style them.

When I was a young girl my mother never knew what to do with my curls. Most of the time my hair was thrown up on the top of my head and tied with a large bow - not exactly a look to instill curl confidence in a young girl! Years later when I was starting my career, I still could not find someone who knew how to cut my curls. I have spent countless hours sharing curl stories with my clients. We all faced similar struggles, dealing with childhood, curl-related traumas, and many of us never believing that our curls were beautiful. I want everyone to see that curly hair is a gift to be celebrated and enjoyed everyday, which is why my life’s mission has been creating a comprehensive, holistic approach to curl care.

We formulate our products specifically for the unique needs of curly hair. They are gentle, water-soluble and constantly replenish lost moisture. Our Ouidad Salons are home to my trademarked Carving & Slicing® cutting methods, designed to provide the foundation for beautiful curls. Our stylists are professionally-trained to not only cut and style curls to perfection, but also to help educate clients about caring for and styling their own curls. Let us help you embrace and express your beautiful curls!" - Ouidad

No comments:

Post a Comment